Take photos of your scavenger hunt items and post them on Twitter, Instagram (publicly viewable account) or Facebook with the hashtag #FindESAus20.
One point will be awarded per item. Bonus points for witty captions!
A scoreboard will be updated and shared throughout the week and winners will be announced in the closing session.
Prizes and boasting rights to be won!
CLOSING DATE AND TIME: Thursday 3 December 2020, 1300 AEDT
Photo scavenger hunt items:
- Pet selfie (bonus points for weird and wonderful)
- The coolest tree you’ve ever seen (specify location & species in caption)
- Urban bird
- Photo of a symbol of your city? (the more creative the better)
- Your lockdown hobby
- You at work, get creative
- Sir David Attenborough paraphernalia
- The most strange/elaborate piece of lab equipment you can find
- A news article featuring your research (any medium)
- An ecology themed cake/meal
- Listed threatened species in situ, found this week, include latin name
- An animal/plant named after you – bonus points if you can get a selfie with it
- The coolest fieldwork location you’ve ever been
Written scavenger hunt items:
- Write an ecological haiku
- A super short note on an exciting key point from a talk given today
- Solve this riddle: Which word is the odd one out: Seventy, Brawl, Clover, Proper, Carrot, Swing, Change, Travel, Sacred, Stone?